Friday, March 23, 2007

Since I'm talking sports........

How about those Colts? They had the worst defense in the league last year and they decide to let two of their top four defensive players go via free agency. I'm talking about Cato June and Nick Harper. Cato June is the fourth good linebacker that the Colts have let go in recent history. The others were Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington, and David Thornton. When you let talent like that go every year its no wonder you have the worst defense in the league. Nick Harper was a little long in the tooth, but he was still the best corner they had. I can't wait to see the defense they field next year.

I know they have salary cap issues, but I just don't understand how they get themselves in these situations. John Navarre?? Why on earth would you sign John Navarre? I know Jim Sorgi sucks, but John Navarre? That is the best the Colts could do? And they let Brandon Stokely and Montae Reagor go? I still don't understand why they didn't keep Shawn King as the backup quarterback. He looked 100 times better than Jim Sorgi during the preseason.

I wonder what the Colts are going to do in the draft this year. Its so obvious they need a linebacker that I don't think even Bill Polian could screw it up. The media keeps saying that the Colts need an outside linebacker but I'm not sure that is the case. Gary Brackett is their starting middle linebacker now, and I think he is a much better outside linebacker. If they moved Gary back outside that would free them up to draft an inside guy like Pozluzny or Laurenitis. I'm sure they won't do it. They'll probably draft a wide receiver in the first round, and a tight end in the second. The third round will probably bring them another safety, and in the fourth round they'll take a place kicker. Then, after all the good players are taken, they will draft an outside linebacker from some Division IAA or Division II school.

It doesn't really matter, though. The Patriots have made themselves so much better this offseason that I don't think anybody else in the AFC has a chance.

No comments: