Monday, March 19, 2007

A Modern day misfit!

What the hell happened to politics in America? Has anyone else noticed that politicians in America have quickly gravitated to the far left and the far right and there is virtually no one left in the middle? Isn't the middle the most productive place to be? Wouldn't it be great to see a politician who actually made up his cabinet with the best minds from both parties and then actually made informed decisions based on what's best for our country regardless of who's original idea it was?

My Grandpa always told me, "if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is."

I know its a fantasy to think that it could ever happen. You could never get a liberal and a conservative to agree on anything. That's what is wrong with America today. There is no longer a common ground. Its all about who gets the credit when things are good, and who can we blame when things go wrong. Whatever happened to common sense? Whatever happened to Democracy? I can only imagine what our Founding Fathers would think about the America that we have created.

Don't get me wrong. I love my Country. I just feel like a misfit because I can't see what all the bickering is about. We live in the greatest country in the world, but we can't see the forest through all the trees. I just wish the political extremists would take a few minutes out of their busy days to actually listen to their constituents.

No comments: