Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Getting old sucks.

Does anybody else feel like they are getting dumber as they grow older, or is it just me?

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my secretary and I suddenly couldn't think of the words, "dressing room." I paused for a second, and then proceeded to say, "the try on booth thing."

"The try on booth thing." Are you kidding me? Not only could I not think of the words I wanted to say, but "the try on booth thing" was the best I could come up with.

Getting old sucks. I'm only in my mid thirties and I'm starting to worry that I'm developing some form of dementia. I keep reading these stories about former NFL players and all their troubles with post concussion syndrome. This is worrisome for me because I am a former college football player and I know I've had at least four concussions in my life. Only two concussions were football related, but it doesn't really matter how you got them.

No comments: