Friday, March 23, 2007

Just threw up in my mouth

I just saw another list of coaching candidates for the University of Kentucky basketball program. I have to admit that I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw John Thompson III's name mentioned.

I'm sure Thompson III is a good coach. In fact, he is the best coach named "Thompson" that I have ever seen. What he has done at Georgetown is nothing short of impressive. But, I think his father is the most overrated coach I have ever seen. And his brother Ronny has completely destroyed the Ball State men's basketball program. All of that aside, Thompson III runs a Princeton style offense which isn't particularly fun to watch. I don't think that style would be effective in the SEC.

I have to be honest here, though. I just can't get past his name. I absolutely despise his father. If Kentucky hires him, I'll probably never watch another Kentucky game again.

No comments: