Thursday, March 29, 2007

Billy Gillespie

It is now being reported that Billy Gillespie has reached a verbal agreement with Texas A & M to remain at the school. It seems the Aggies have made him the highest paid basketball coach in the Big 12. This doesn't upset me too much because I don't think Billy would have been a good fit at UK, although I hear that Arkansas' pursuit of him was what made A & M nervous.

The list of potential candidates is shrinking. I wonder what kind of odds there are in Vegas right now. I still don't think Donovan will leave Florida, which doesn't bode well for Kentucky. I would like to take this moment to reiterate that I will never watch another UK game if John Thompson III is hired to replace Tubby.

Travis Ford is starting to look like a real possibility. But I still think that if Mitch can't get Donovan that he will focus on Mark Few or Tom Crean.

No comments: