Sunday, September 16, 2007

Observations From Week 2

Here are some of my thoughts after week 2 of the NFL season.

1) I bet there are some people in San Diego who think that Marty Schottenheimer doesn't look so bad right now. I sincerely hope there are some people in Cleveland who agree and might be willing to give Marty a job next year.

2) I'm thinking I might have been way off base when I predicted that the Saints were going to the Super Bowl this year. They looked absolutely putrid again.

3) Don't look now, but the Lions are still undefeated.

4) I'm thinking the Steelers might go undefeated through the regular season this year. Take a look at their schedule. It looks like New England might be their only tough game.

5) I think I might change my Super Bowl prediction to New England over Dallas. Not that Dallas is that great, but the rest of the NFC is looking pretty bad (again).

6) I know it is still early, but I think the Patriots have already clinched the AFC East. The other East teams are a combined 0-6 after the first two games.

7) I wasn't really surprised there were 96 total points scored in the Bengals/Browns game. I was just surprised that the Bengals didn't score all 96 of them.

8) The Vikings may want to take a look at Byron Leftwich.

9) Jeff Fisher is a great coach. I am convinced the Colts would have 3 or 4 Super Bowl Championships by now if Fisher had coached in Indy instead of Houston/Tennessee.

10) Derek Anderson turned in a great performance against the Bengals. Can he do it again?

11) Atlanta's offensive line sucks. Joey Harrington got sacked 7 times Sunday. In case you were wondering, he was sacked 6 times in the game last week. Those are David Carr numbers.

No comments: