Monday, September 24, 2007

NFL Week 3 Observations

I think week 3 told us a little bit more about who is a contender and who is a pretender. Here are a few of my thoughts after week 3.

1) New England, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh look like the cream of the crop. Its still pretty early though, and none of them have faced a proven opponent yet. New England has blown out the Jets, Chargers, and Bills. The Colts have blown out the Saints and narrowly escaped the Titans and the Texans. The Steelers have annihilated the Browns, the Bills, and the 49ers. I initially thought the Chargers and Saints were going to be really good this year, but they both apparently suck.

2) I thought the AFC North was going to be the toughest Division in football this year, but I'm starting to think the AFC South may be the toughest. Jacksonville really made Denver look bad yesterday and Houston and Tennessee both look like they are really improved this year. If Tennessee beats New Orleans tonight, all 4 teams in the AFC South will have a winning record after their first 3 games. No other Division in the NFL has more than 2 teams left with a winning record.

3) I'm still not sure what to think of Green Bay. Beating the Eagles, the Giants, and the Chargers to start the season seems really impressive. I'm just not sure how good the Eagles, Giants, and Chargers are gonna be this year.

4) Dallas has been fun to watch, but I'm not too sure about their defense yet.

5) Detroit looked like Detroit again. They did score some points, though. I don't think they are ready for the playoffs yet, but anything could happen in the NFC.

6) What the hell is going on in Chicago? I think "Bad Rex" needs to take a seat. In 3 games he has 1 touchdown pass and 6 interceptions with a quarterback rating of 45.2. I think they need to give Griese a chance before they are eliminated from playoff contention.

7) Matt Schaub threw 2 interceptions yesterday and he still looked pretty good overall. I bet the Falcons are kicking themselves in the ass for letting him go.

8) I am starting to think that Eli Manning is showing some improvement this year. And don't look now, but the Giants 2 losses to Dallas and Green Bay are beginning to not look so bad. The Cowboys and the Packers are the only 2 undefeated teams left in the NFC.

No comments: