Thursday, September 27, 2007

9/27/07: Browns Update

Kellen Winslow missed practice on Wednesday because of a shoulder separation injury that he suffered in last Sunday's game against the Raiders. Coach Crennel says it isn't a serious separation, but Winslow's status for this Sunday's game still hasn't been announced.

As a former tight end who suffered several shoulder separations in my career I can tell you that Winslow's status for Sunday's game probably still hasn't been decided. Shoulder separations are a tough injury to deal with. A mild separation would probably allow Winslow to play this Sunday, but he will probably be wearing some kind of a harnass to keep his shoulder from separating again. The type of harnass that I wore in my career was extremely annoying and limited my shoulder movement, which made it difficult to catch passes that were thrown high.

My bet is that Winslow plays this Sunday, but I don't know how effective he will be if he is still having problems with a sore shoulder. Once a person suffers a shoulder separation it becomes easier for it to happen again.

No comments: