Sunday, September 9, 2007

Browns Suck, Again.

I didn't get to see the game today against the Steelers, and I'm kind of glad that I didn't. Everything I've read today makes it sound like the Browns may have had the worst showing of any team in the NFL this weekend. It sounds to me like they were lucky they only lost 34-7.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 turnovers in the game.

4 different penalties on their first punt which only went for 15 yards to begin with.

Their quarterbacks were sacked 6 times.

They averaged only 2.9 yards per carry on offense.

They totaled only 221 yards of offense for the entire game.

The offensive line apparently looked like a sieve.

And Crennel yanked Charlie Frye in the second quarter for Derek Anderson.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much for my optimism that the Browns might win 8 games this season. After that showing today I think its time that Cleveland fans stop chanting for Brady Quinn and start chanting for a new coach.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated reported today that the Browns coaches and management are going to sit down on Monday to discuss their quarterback situation. I think they need to seriously consider giving Brady Quinn some playing time next week. I'm not saying the kid needs to be named the starter, but I think he should at least move up to number two and he should get on the field if the Browns offense sputters again next week. I know that the Browns offensive line hasn't performed as well as we all thought they would and there is the potential that Brady might get hurt. But, he probably has more experience playing behind a piss poor offensive line than most quarterbacks in the NFL do. If you don't believe me go take a look at some of his game films from his career at Notre Dame. Brady spent most of his time at Notre Dame running for his life. Playing for the Browns should be no different.

No comments: