Monday, July 23, 2007

You Gotta Read This

OK. I stumbled on this story about Tim Donaghy and the NBA this morning.

According to this Wall Street Journal story, the NBA was investigating Tim Donaghy's gambling habits over a year ago. That means that the NBA had its suspicions and still let Donaghy officiate games. Are you shitting me?

Just another example of why I think David Stern is an idiot and should resign or be fired! He had his "suspicions," but he continued to let Donaghy officiate NBA games anyway. Hell, he even let Donaghy officiate playoff games after he had his "suspicions." Wow! Talk about incompetence in the Commissioner's office.

I wonder how Roger Goodell would have handled this situation? I don't know, but I bet he would have handled it differently. By differently, I mean better. And by better, I mean not like an idiot. And when I say not like an idiot, I mean not like David Stern.


Bill Simmons also wrote a nice editorial that I think is worth reading. You can get it here.

Its also worth your time to read what Ben Collins of Slam Online had to say about David Stern.

While your at it, check out this post at the Sports Frog. According to Sports Frog, Donaghy led the NBA in technical fouls, was fourth in calling personal fouls, third in ordering free throws, and second for fouling out players . All of those rankings are for the 2006-2007 season. Those numbers sure grab your attention.

No comments: