Monday, July 9, 2007

Dan Patrick is leaving ESPN

Dan Patrick announced today on his radio show that he will be leaving ESPN. His last on air appearance for ESPN is scheduled for August 17th. Dan started at ESPN in 1989 as an anchor on Sportscenter where he was a mainstay until 2006. Dan also had his own show on ESPN Radio which started in 1999.

There wasn't too much detail given about Dan's departure from ESPN, but it seems to be amicable. Dan stated that he wanted to pursue "new endeavors." I can't help but wonder if there may have been some truth behind the rumors about Dan replacing Bob Barker on "The Price is Right." I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm sure Dan will do well wherever he ends up. My main concern is about who will fill Dan's time slot on the radio. I'm just praying that it won't be Colin Cow(shit for brains)herd or Stephen A.(for asshole) Smith. ESPN's talent pool just keeps getting shallower and shallower. Mike and Mike will probably be the only show I listen to on ESPN Radio from now on.

No comments: