Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stern's Press Conference

First off let me just say, "What a guy!"

And now for some random thoughts:

I didn't listen to the whole press conference, but there was one thing I caught that I found interesting. "His Holiness" stated the NBA wasn't informed by the FBI about the investigation until June 20th. The "Little DICKtator" went on to state that the NBA wanted to fire Donaghy immediately upon hearing about the FBI's investigation, but the FBI asked the NBA to keep Donaghy employed so they could gather more info. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me since the NBA season was over by June 20th. Maybe I'm reading too much into this part of the press conference. I don't know. I just find it hard to believe anything that comes out of David Stern's mouth.

I can't help but wonder if any of the FBI investigators that were working on the Donaghy case are basketball fans. If so, I wonder what they were thinking when they were watching that Spurs-Suns game.

Did anyone else notice how careful the "Manipulative Munchkin" chose his words when addressing the question about other referees possibly being involved? It sure seemed like he left the door a little ajar in case other referees do get implicated in this whole mess sometime in the future. I got the distinct impression that he was trying to convince himself as much as he was trying to convince everyone else. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I haven't heard anyone choose their words that carefully since I heard, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

I was really starting to dislike this Donaghy guy until I heard he once punched Joey Crawford. Man, I can't tell you the number of times I wanted to punch Joey Crawford. Now I am actually torn. I don't like Donaghy because he may have fixed basketball games, but I can't help but like the guy a little because he punched Joey Crawford. I think I may be leaning more towards not liking Donaghy because he fixed basketball games. If he had punched David Stern, though, that would be a different story.

Have I mentioned that I think David Stern is an idiot?

No comments: