Friday, July 20, 2007

OK, OK

I've received several emails telling me that my thought process on my last post (I Knew It!!!!!) was flawed.

After reading the emails, I have come to agree with my friends that my reasoning as to which ref was fixing games was completely flawed. The "over/under %" really isn't significant when looking to see which refs are fixing games. Obviously, the refs could fix the games in either direction of the over/under if they wanted. So, please stop sending me emails telling me that I am an Idiot. I already know I am an idiot. However, I do think that if you are going to bet on NBA games as an outsider, then the "over/under %" on the refs calling the game is significant.

The funny thing about all the emails, though, is that virtually every one of them agreed that the six refs I mentioned are the most likely candidates for the "bad ref." Although several emails also included the names Dick Bavetta, Steve Javie, and Joe Forte. So, I'd like to add those 3 names to the 6 I already mentioned as strong possibilities.

No comments: