Monday, July 23, 2007

Anybody Have David Stern's Email Address?

I thought I would drop the Commish an email note this morning to tell him how I feel about the NBA, but I couldn't find an email address anywhere. Oh, there is a "contact" form on the NBA's website, but it requires the user to register before a message can be sent to the NBA. I broke down the HTML code for the site and discovered that the "contact" form appeared to be emailed to nbaletters@nba.com. The code was set for the email address to be hidden, but it wasn't too hard to find. I used the word "appeared" because there were some dashes in the email address when I found it in their HTML code. I played around with the email address and discovered that all of my test emails were sent back to me as "undeliverable" until I removed the dashes. Then, the email went somewhere and wasn't returned. I'm not sure it was the right email address, but I sent them an email anyway. I figured, "what harm could it do?"

Does anyone know of an actual email address for David Stern? I would love to send him a personal note.

I read a good editorial this morning by Steve Czaban on OnMilwaukee.com. It seems I'm not the only guy that thinks David Stern should resign.

UPDATE I just sent an email to dstern@nba.com that wasn't sent back as undeliverable. Perhaps that is Mr. Stern's email address. Who knows.

No comments: