Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Week 8 Power Rankings

Everybody else is doing power rankings so I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) New England Patriots. You can say they haven't played anybody if you want to. But, they have the best coach and the best offense in the NFL.

2) Indianapolis Colts. They are 7-0 and they are beating better quality opponents than the Patriots, but they just don't look as sharp as they did last year on offense. Their slow starts every week make it look like their coaching staff doesn't have them prepared for their opponent's game plans. If that's the case, it doesn't look good for next week when the Colts face the Patriots and Bill Belichick.

3) Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers have the 6th ranked offense and the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. They've had some hiccups along the way against the Cardinals and the Broncos, but they lost both of those games by a combined 10 points and turnovers probably cost them both those games.

4) Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys haven't exactly played a tough schedule, but their 2nd ranked offense is good enough to score points on anybody. I think they are the team to beat in the NFC.

5) Tennessee Titans. They win ugly, but they win. They have a great coach and the 6th ranked defense in the NFL. I don't think they are good enough to beat any team I ranked ahead of them, but I think they are capable of beating everybody else.

6) Green Bay Packers. They have Brett Favre and an underrated defense. They just need some consistency. Denver should give them a test tomorrow night. If they don't beat the Broncos then I obviously overestimated their defense.

7) San Diego Chargers. I would rank them higher except they started out a little slow this year. We'll find out more about them in week 10 when they face the Colts. One thing is for sure, this isn't the same Charger team that started the season 1 -3.

8) NY Giants. It pains me to rank the Giants in the top 10 after their struggles with the Dolphins. But, their defense just keeps looking better every week.

9) Jacksonville Jaguars. I would have ranked them higher if David Garrard were still healthy. Jack Del Rio is a great coach and their defense has given up the 2nd fewest points in the NFL this season.

10) In my opinion there is no other team worthy of being ranked in my power rankings. Detroit, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Seattle are close in the NFC. Cleveland, Kansas City, Baltimore, and Denver are close in the AFC. But, none of them have consistently impressed me enough to grab the #10 spot.

No comments: