Tuesday, October 9, 2007

More NFL Thoughts

1) Mike Vrabel's dive at Joe Thomas' knees looked malicious. I'm gonna give Vrabel the benefit of the doubt because Mike usually doesn't play that way. If it happens again then I am going to have to assume that maybe Mike has just been around Rodney Harrison too long.

2) Trent Green needs to retire. He's 37 years old and his best football is behind him. Its simply not worth the risk to his long term health. Trent's a smart guy so I think he will make the right decision.

3) Speaking of Trent Green. I've thought for years that the league should address the viciousness of blindside hits in the NFL. The League has rules to protect quarterbacks and receivers who are in "defenseless" positions, and I think the League needs to take a look at some of these blindside blocks that are being delivered with excessive force on defensive players as well. Trent could have easily ended Travis Johnson's season and/or career with that block. With that being said, it is my opinion that Travis Johnson could have handled the whole situation a lot better. The League needs to do what is right and protect everybody before somebody gets killed.

4) The Cowboys didn't exactly impress me last night. I bet the Patriots are salivating right now just thinking about what kind of mistakes they can force Tony Romo into next week. My prediction: Patriots 31 Cowboys 17

5) It has been a pleasure watching Mack Strong play for the last 15 years. I'm sorry to see Mack retiring but I'm glad he's healthy enough to walk away. I'd like to wish Mack the best and I hope I get to see him in a broadcast booth someday.

No comments: