Monday, October 15, 2007

Dusty Baker??????

That's the best the Reds could do? Dusty Baker? I don't understand how a team with a very fragile pitching staff could go out and hire a manager with a proven history of mishandling pitching staffs.

I was a Dusty Baker fan way back in the day when Dusty was playing ball for the Dodgers. But, I have not been impressed with his managerial skills. I am already predicting Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo will end next season on the DL. I wouldn't even be surprised if at least one of them has season ending shoulder surgery next season.

I do not understand why Pete Mackanin wasn't given an opportunity to manage this club full time. Pete went 41-39 after taking over for Jerry Narron back in July. And its hard telling what Pete's record would have been if the Reds hadn't brought up so many prospects late in the season.

Has everybody in the Reds' organization already forgotten why Jerry Narron failed as the Reds' manager? Jerry failed because he couldn't figure out the pitching staff.

Dusty Baker??? Oh, come on!! That is not an improvement.

No comments: