Saturday, May 5, 2007

Soccer Update

After a complete rainout last weekend, the local Youth Soccer League resumed play today.

My oldest daughter scored four goals in a 14-3 victory. The most impressive part of the victory for me was that my daughter scored the first three goals of the game in the first three minutes. She started at forward and took the opening kickoff the length of the field and scored. Then, she stole the ball on the opposing teams next two kickoffs and went down and scored on both possessions. Her coach then moved her back to defense for the rest of the game. The other team was over matched from the start and I'm sure our coach moved my daughter to defense to keep her from embarrassing the other team. She did, however, manage one more goal in the second half on a shot from midfield.

I was a very proud father after the game.

No comments: