Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Patterson makes a wise choice

I was so convinced that Patrick Patterson was going to Florida that I didn't even make an effort to check for updates on his announcement today. Imagine my surprise when Aaron called me this evening to tell me that Patterson had chosen Kentucky. It is being reported that Patterson liked Kentucky because of the proximity to his hometown. He felt that playing at UK would make it easier for his friends and family to see him play.

Regardless of why Patterson chose Kentucky, I bet Billy Gillespie is breathing one big giant sigh of relief. Patterson will join Alex Legion (G), Mike Williams (C-PF), and A.J. Stewart (PF) in the Kentucky freshman class next season. Also, PRP's Kerry Benson (F) has reportedly agreed to walk on at UK next year.

I have to give Gillespie some credit. I never thought he had a chance to sign guys like Legion and Patterson this year. This is the most excitement I have seen about recruiting at Kentucky in 10 years. I hope it is a sign of things to come.

No comments: