Friday, May 25, 2007

Latest UK rumors

Hot off the press.

It was reported today that Billy Gillespie has been in contact with Las Vegas Valley High School point guard Hank Thorns. Hank is graduating from high school this year and has not signed a letter of intent anywhere for next year. Thorns averaged 27.5 points, 12.5 rebounds, and 6.8 assists during his senior season. He is only 5'9" tall, but he apparently plays much larger than that. Thorns' high school coach is reporting that Billy Gillespie has invited Thorns to visit UK on June 5th. It is thought that Billy would like to see how Thorns competes against current Wildcat players in a scrimmage. Thorns visited Virginia Tech yesterday and there has also been some interest from Virginia, New Hampshire, Old Dominion, and Nevada-Reno. Apparently Gillespie has already seen video of Thorns playing in high school and he may be interested in offering him a scholarship if he performs well in the aforementioned scrimmage.

It is also being reported that UK is also recruiting Nemanja Calasan from Midland College (junior college) in Texas. Calasan is a 6'9", 245 pound sophomore. He averaged 13.5 points and 7.0 rebounds last year for Midland as they won the National Junior College Athletic Association Division I championship. Calasan originally signed with Utah but was released from his letter of intent earlier this month after Utah changed head coaches.

I'll let everybody know if I hear anything else on these two guys. I will be out of town this weekend and I don't know if I'll have access to a computer and the internet. So, it may be next week before I post anything else on here. Then, I'll be leaving for a fly-in fishing trip to Canada next weekend. I know I won't be able to post anything while I'm up there because we won't even have any electricity where we are going. I'd give Aaron access to this blog so he could update it while I'm gone, but I just don't trust him. LOL

No comments: