Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Aaron

So, my friend Aaron sent me an email last night asking me why I haven't been posting to this blog that much lately. The answer to that question is actually pretty simple;

#1, Aaron is probably the only person who reads this thing. The only reason Aaron reads it is because he is a fan of the same teams that I am and he is just too lazy to search for updates himself. He knows that I search for updates on my teams daily and then post the interesting things on here. If I decide not to post to this blog for a few days I'm pretty sure that Aaron is the only one who will care.

#2, The NFL season is over and the Colts haven't done anything of interest to post.

#3, The Pacers season is over and they haven't done anything of interest to post.

#4, The Reds season appears to already be over and they haven't done anything of interest to post. For the record, I told Aaron last season that too many players on the Reds were having "career years" and it would be a mistake for management to expect those kinds of performances again in 2007. Its starting to look like I was right.

So, there you have it. OK, Aaron, here is some info for you. Patrick Patterson has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday the 16th. He plans to announce his college choice which he has narrowed down to UK, Duke, or Florida. Jai Lucas reportedly will announce his college choice on Monday the 14th. Beas Hamga, another highly sought after UK recruit, has reportedly said that he may not commit to any school before the deadline.

My gut feeling is that on Monday Jai Lucas will announce that he has chosen the University of Florida. I think that Patrick Patterson will follow suit on Wednesday and announce that he too will attend Florida. I think UK has a good chance of getting Hamga. We'll see.

Also, the Indianapolis Colts released linebackers Gilbert Gardner, Mike Lobinjo, and Brandon Hoyte yesterday.

No comments: