Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NFL Week 13 Predictions

After last week's less than impressive 9-7 showing, I now stand at 106-69 for the season. I knew last week was going to be tough. Let's see if I can do better this week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanksgiving Day Match-ups (yawn). I don't know who chose these games for holiday viewing, but whoever did should be fired.

1) Tennessee vs. Detroit: Stick a fork in the Lions, I'm pretty sure this one is already over. Winner = Tennessee

2) Seattle vs. Dallas:
I'm sure I'll be running the channels by the second quarter. I can only wonder if TBS will be running their "Christmas Story" marathon yet. Winner = Dallas

3) Arizona vs. Philadelphia:
This has the potential to be the game of the day, but that isn't saying much. Winner = Arizona

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday Games

4) San Francisco vs. Buffalo:
The 49ers are a better football team than the Chiefs, but I still think the Bills should win this one at home. Winner = Buffalo

5) Baltimore vs. Cincinnati:
The Ravens 'D" should wreak havoc in this one. Winner = Baltimore

6) Indianapolis vs. Cleveland:
This could be an interesting game if the weather turns nasty. Indy tends to play to level of their competition so don't be surprised if the Brownies make a game of this. Winner = Indianapolis

7) Carolina vs. Green Bay:
I just don't understand what happened to the Packers. But, I'm not sold on the Panthers. I'm taking the Pack at home. Winner = Green Bay

8) Miami vs. St. Louis:
I just don't see any way the Rams can win this one. Winner = Miami

9) New Orleans vs. Tampa Bay:
I think this one could go either way. The Saints won in their Week 1 match-up (24-20). My gut tells me to go with the home team. Winner = Tampa Bay

10) NY Giants vs. Washington:
Anything can happen in this NFC EAST rivalry, but the Giants look to be firing on all cylinders right now. Winner = NY Giants

11) Atlanta vs. San Diego:
The triumphant return of Michael Turner. This should be a good game. Winner = Atlanta

12) Pittsburgh vs. New England:
This is the game of the week as far as I'm concerned. I just don't think the Steelers will score as many points as the Patriots. Winner = New England

13) Denver vs. NY Jets:
Should be a fun game to watch. I like the Jets at home. Winner = NY Jets

14) Kansas City vs. Oakland:
Both offenses suck. Both defenses suck. I wonder if anybody will even watch this game. Winner = Oakland

15) Chicago vs. Minnesota:
First place in the NFC NORTH is on the line. I look for the Bears to employ the same kind of defensive strategy in this game they used against the Titans. In case you forgot, the Bears held the Titans to 20 yards rushing on 29 carries. Gus Frerotte will need to have a good game if the Vikings want to have any chance of winning. Winner = Chicago

16) Jacksonville vs. Houston:
This is the Monday Night game? Last place in the AFC SOUTH is on the line. Their first meeting this season went to OT with Jacksonville winning. I like the Texans in this one. Winner = Houston

No comments: