Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stern Sucks, and so does the NBA!

Well, the Reds aren't in first place anymore. If they don't start hitting the ball they won't be in first place ever again.

If David Stern is smart (which I don't think he is) he will never let Joey Crawford officiate an NBA game again. Joey is the worst sports referee I have ever seen. I used to think Joey was just biased against certain teams, but I've finally come to the conclusion that Joey has to be a gambler. He has to have money riding on the games he is officiating. There is no other way to explain the calls that idiot makes, or doesn't make depending on the circumstances.

I also think that Dick Bevatta (sp?) and Steve Jaffe (sp?) are gambling men. Those three guys are the only three refs I can name off the top of my head in the NBA. I've always said that when a game is over you shouldn't have any idea who the refs were. If you noticed who was reffing the game, then they were probably doing a poor job. Like I said, those are the only three guys I can name off the top of my head. I can name them because they always do a piss poor job.

It doesn't matter anyway. I'm convinced that the NBA is no longer a sport. The NBA is now just "entertainment." I put the NBA in the same category I put the WWF. Its fun to watch occasionally, but I just can't take it serious anymore. David Stern is a joke and he has made the league a joke. Stern rode on the coattails of Bird, Magic, and Jordan. He got all the credit for growing the league, but now that the popular superstars are gone the TV ratings are slumping. Today's poll on ESPN.com showed that 78% of the people who watched NBA games thought that the refs had too much control over the outcome of the game. WOW! 78% of people think that the refs decide who wins or loses NBA games. That's a problem. That is what David Stern has created.

I think Stern created this problem on purpose. He thought that if he had the refs give the league's stars the benefit of all the calls, then those same stars would put up phenomenal statistics as a result of the unfair advantage. If those stars could put up numbers equivalent to Bird, Magic, and Jordan then Stern thought the fans would worship the stars the same as they did Jordan, Bird, and Magic. In Stern's mind, I think he thought the popularity of the league would continue as it had in the 80's if only the league had stars like it did in the 80's. King David wasn't apparently smart enough to realize that true sports fans want to see their teams win, but they also want to see a fair competition. And let's face it, there isn't a player in the league today with the personality of Bird, Magic, or Jordan.

So, if the fans don't like the majority of the players, and 78% of the fans think the games are fixed, what do you think is gonna happen? TV ratings are gonna drop.

If TV ratings drop what do you think is gonna happen? NBA games will start losing sponsors.

If NBA games lose all their sponsors what do you think is gonna happen? TV networks will quit showing games.

If TV networks stop showing NBA games what do you think is gonna happen? The league will die.

If your still an NBA fan you can thank David Stern for the death of your league.

No comments: