Thursday, April 5, 2007

Maybe I was wrong!

I just received an email that said Billy Gillespie could be named the new UK basketball coach as early as tomorrow. I'm not sure this is a good hire, but I'd rather have him than Few, Crean, or Thompson III. Mitch just better hope that Gillespie does something quick before the fans and alumni turn sour on them both.

If Gillespie is named coach, he better hope he can land either Patterson or Lucas. He's gonna need all the help he can get. I also wonder if there will be any chance that DeAndre Jordan (who has verbally committed to A & M) will possibly follow Gillespie to Kentucky. UK had previously offered Jordan a scholarship but he turned it down. Jordan is from Houston and is rated as one of the top high school big men in the country. He was also offered a scholarship at Kansas, Florida, Indiana, Texas, and LSU. I would be ecstatic if Gillespie could deliver Patterson, Lucas, and Jordan.

For the record, I'm predicting that Tennessee will win the SEC next year in basketball. You heard it here first.

No comments: