Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pacers make another personnel mistake!

Well, the Pacers fired Rick Carlisle yesterday.

I found this to be very disappointing. I do not feel like Rick was the problem. Carlisle did the best he could with the players he was given. If anybody should have been let go, it should have been Larry Bird. Everybody in the Pacers organization is saying that Carlisle had trouble communicating with the players but I don't remember hearing any complaints about him when he won 61 games with a more cohesive and talented roster a few years ago. The problem with the Pacers wasn't the coach. The problem with the Pacers was that management got rid of the wrong players.

There is a rumor going around that Jermaine Oneal is next. I'm not much of an Oneal fan. In fact, I think he is highly overrated. I wouldn't be sorry to see him go. If the rumor is true, Jermaine could be headed to the Lakers to join Kobe. I think that could be fun to watch because Jermaine always seemed to be jealous of the attention Ron Artest got when he was a Pacer. I can only imagine what Jermaine would be like if he had to play second fiddle to Kobe.

No comments: