Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 5 Predictions

I went 8-5 last week, but I strongly feel I would have gone 9-4 if Carson Palmer had played for Cincinnati. I am now 35-25 on the season. Now for my Week 5 Predictions:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Kansas City vs. Carolina: The Chiefs looked much improved last week, but I'm still going with the Panthers. Winner = Carolina

2) Chicago vs. Detroit:
Don't look now, but the Bears are starting to look like a contender in the NFC North. Winner = Chicago

3) Atlanta vs. Green Bay:
Aaron Rodgers is hurt, but it looks like he should play. Winner = Green Bay

4) San Diego vs. Miami:
San Diego should win this game, but don't be surprised if the Dolphins make a game of it coming of their bye. Winner = San Diego

5) Seattle vs. NY Giants:
The Seahawks are starting to get healthy, but I look for the G-Men to look refreshed after their bye week. Winner = NY Giants

6) Washington vs. Philadelphia:
This game could be a tough one for the Eagles, but I'm taking Philly at home. Winner = Philadelphia

7) Tennessee vs. Baltimore:
This will be a smash mouth football game that will tell us a lot about the Titans. Winner = Tennessee

8) Indianapolis vs. Houston:
The Colts' offensive line is starting to get healthy. It looks like Ugoh and Pollak will return this week. Winner = Indianapolis

9) Tampa Bay vs. Denver:
I lost a lot of confidence in Denver last week. My head tells me to go with the Bucs, but my gut tells me to take the Broncos. Winner = Denver

10) Buffalo vs. Arizona:
The Cards are turning the ball over too much for my taste. Winner = Buffalo

11) New England vs. San Fransisco:
The Patriots had a week off to think about their embarrassing loss. Winner = New England

12) Cincinnati vs. Dallas:
This is a no-brainer. Winner = Dallas

13) Pittsburgh vs. Jacksonville:
The Steelers are banged up and the Jags are starting to find their mojo. Winner = Jacksonville

14) Minnesota vs. New Orleans:
The Vikings aren't a horrible team, but I have to go with the Saints at home. Winner = New Orleans

15) Cleveland Browns:
The Browns don't play a game this week, but I have a feeling they will find some way to lose to themselves in practice during their bye week. Their pathetic win last week against a "Carson Palmer-less" Bengals team was probably the worst thing that has happened to the Browns since they signed Derek Anderson to that huge contract. Now it looks like Anderson will hold on to the starting QB job for the foreseeable future. I just don't know how many more 10-25 for 125 yards with 3 interceptions and 1 touchdown games I can stomach.

No comments: