Friday, October 24, 2008

NFL Week 8 Predictions

Man, it doesn't seem like there is any consistency in the NFL this year. Usually by Week 8 you have a pretty good idea who is for real and who is not. I dropped my Power Rankings a few weeks ago because it was starting to seem like there was the Tennessee Titans and then everybody else. I went 7-7 on my predictions again last week and I now sit at 57-45.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Tampa Bay vs. Dallas: No Tony Romo equals no offense for Dallas. Winner = Tampa Bay

2) Washington vs. Detroit: The Redskins have been unpredictable, but the Lions have been very predictable. Winner = Washington

3) Buffalo vs. Miami:
I like what Tony Sparano has done in Miami, but I think Buffalo should win this game easily. Winner = Buffalo

4) St. Louis vs. New England:
This game actually intrigues me. Both teams have been playing above their heads lately and this could be an interesting game. Winner = New England

5) San Diego vs. New Orleans:
Again, we have two teams that have been very unpredictable. My gut tells me to go with the Chargers. Winner = San Diego

6) Kansas City vs. NY Jets:
I'm not drinking the Jets' Kool Aid any longer, but I still feel like Brett and the boys are better than the lowly Chiefs. Winner = NY Jets

7) Atlanta vs. Philadelphia:
Jeez, again with the unpredictable teams playing each other this week. I'm taking the Eagles at home. Winner = Philadelphia

8) Oakland vs. Baltimore:
This could be an interesting game. My gut tells me that the Raven defense is going to make Russell look even worse than he really is. Winner = Baltimore

9) Arizona vs. Carolina:
Here we have two more teams that perform like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The difference in this game will probably be the performance of Kurt Warner. I'm taking the Panthers at home. Winner = Carolina

10) Cleveland vs. Jacksonville:
The Browns' defense has been impressive in every facet of the game this year except in run defense. The Jaguars like to run the ball and they do it pretty well. Winner = Jacksonville

11) Cincinnati vs. Houston:
History tells us that it is pretty difficult to go 0-16 on the season. But, I'm starting to think the Bungles have a real shot at making history. Winner = Houston

12) NY Giants vs. Pittsburgh:
The Giants play their best when they can get pressure on the opposing quarterback, and the Steelers offensive line hasn't been very good this season. I'm going against the experts and picking the Giants. Winner = NY Giants

13) Seattle vs. San Francisco:
The battle of the underachievers! I'm taking the 49ers at home. Winner = San Francisco

14) Indianapolis vs. Tennessee:
The talent level in Indy has dropped off dramatically this year, and the Titans are starting to believe in themselves. The difference in this game will come down to coaching and Tennessee has a humongous advantage in that department. Winner = Tennessee

No comments: