Friday, September 5, 2008

Week 1 Predictions

I joined a "pick 'em" contest this season and I thought it would be fun to share my picks on the blog. We're just picking winners and we are not worrying about point spreads. So, here it goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants vs. Redskins: I know this game has already been played so you'll just have to trust me. I picked the Giants before the game was played. Winner = Giants.

Lions vs. Falcons:
The Falcons are still a mess. Winner = Lions.

Seahawks vs. Bills:
I like the Bills, but I think the Seahawks are a better team.
Winner = Seahawks.

Jaguars vs. Titans:
This will probably be a close game. In the end, I think Vince Young will find some way to screw this up for the Titans. Winner = Jaguars.

Jets vs. Dolphins:
I think the Dolphins will show improvement this year, but I think the Jets will show more. Winner = Jets.

Chiefs vs. Patriots:
This is no contest. Winner = Patriots.

Bucs vs. Saints:
I think the Saints will improve from last year, but I'm on the Bucs bandwagon. Winner = Bucs.

Rams vs. Eagles:
My money is on the Eagles. Winner = Eagles.

Texans vs. Steelers:
The Texans may make a game of this, but the game is in Pittsburgh. Winner = Steelers.

Bengals vs. Ravens:
The Bengals should win this one but I think it will be a close game. Winner = Bengals.

Panthers vs. Chargers:
i think the Panthers will be tough to beat this year. But even with all the injuries the Chargers are still a better team. Winner = Chargers.

Cardinals vs. 49ers:
The 49ers suck worse. Winner = Cardinals.

Cowboys vs. Browns:
Derek Anderson will probably throw 3 or 4 interceptions. The Cowboys take this one in a blowout. Winner = Cowboys.

Bears vs. Colts:
This one will be closer than people think. The Colts' offensive line is a mess and Manning will look rusty. Winner = Colts.

Vikings vs. Packers:
Tarvaris Jackson will stink up Lambeau Field and the Packer defense will hold Peterson to around 100 yards. Winner = Packers.

Broncos vs Raiders:
I think we are going to learn a lot about the 2008 version of the Oakland Raiders in this game. I still haven't seen anything from JaMarcus Russell to make me think he is an NFL quarterback. But, Darren McFadden may take some pressure off of Russell this year. The Raiders should show some improvement this season, but this is the first game of the season. Winner = Broncos.

No comments: