Monday, September 8, 2008

My Week 1 NFL Power Rankings

I know it is ridiculous to put up power rankings after one week, but its my blog and I will do it anyway. I'm sure it will change dramatically next week.

1) Dallas Cowboys: They looked good against Cleveland and I can't wait to see how they do against Philadelphia next week and then Green Bay the week after.

2) Pittsburgh Steelers: I know they only played the Texans, but it was still impressive.

3) New York Giants: Hey, they're the defending Super Bowl Champs. I look for the Giants to easily walk through their next 6 games.

4) Green Bay Packers: The Vikings played them tough but the Packers held serve.

5) Carolina Panthers: They went into San Diego and beat the Chargers. That has to be worth something.

6) San Diego Chargers: The Chargers were playing hurt and still almost won the game. I look for San Diego to get better as the season progresses and they start getting healthy.

7) Philadelphia Eagles: I know they were playing the Rams, but Donovan looked like Donovan again. If McNabb returns to Pro Bowl form the Eagles will be a contender.

8) New England Patriots: I know Tom Brady is lost for the season, but Matt Cassell didn't look that bad. The Pats have enough talent without Brady to win 10 games this season.

9) New York Jets: Their next 2 games are against the Patriots and then the Chargers. I guess we'll find out soon enough just how good they are with Brett Favre under center.

10) Buffalo Bills: They destroyed the Seahawks so I felt obligated to put them in my top ten. Next week's game against Jacksonville won't be so easy.

No comments: