Thursday, September 11, 2008

NFL Week 2 Predictions

Well, I didn't do too well with my predictions for Week 1. I went 9-7 last week and I hope I didn't cause anybody to lose any money because of my apparent ignorance. Let's see if I can do better this week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tennessee vs. Cincinnati: I think the Bengals will play better this week but I really like the Titan defense. Kerry Collins will be playing for an injured Vince Young which may actually help the Titan offense as well. Winner = Titans

Green Bay vs. Detroit:
I look for Aaron Rodgers to have a huge game. The Lions defense looked awfully bad against Atlanta. Winner = Green Bay

Oakland vs. Kansas City:
This is a tough one for me to call. Oakland isn't a very good football team, but KC is playing without Brodie Croyle. I think Damon Huard has enough to win this game for KC. Winner = Kansas City

NY Giants vs. St. Louis:
Not even a contest. Winner = NY Giants

Indianapolis vs. Minnesota:
It pains me to say this, but I think the Colts defense isn't good enough to win this game. Winner = Minnesota

New Orleans vs. Washington:
I think this is a close game because of the Redskin defense and Colston being out for New Orleans. Ultimately, I think Washington doesn't have enough on offense. Winner = New Orleans

Chicago vs. Carolina:
Chicago looked good against the Colts, but Carolina looked good against San Diego. Winner = Carolina

Buffalo vs. Jacksonville:
The game is in Jacksonville and I don't think the Jag offense will have two bad games in a row. Winner = Jacksonville

San Francisco vs. Seattle:
The Seahawks are a better team than they showed in Week 1. The 49ers are not. Winner = Seattle

Atlanta vs Tampa Bay:
If Jeff Garcia was playing I would feel better about the Bucs chances. But, Gruden says Brian Griese will start so I am going with the Falcons in a low scoring game. Winner = Atlanta

New England vs. NY Jets:
This another tough one for me to call. I figure Mangini has a game plan for the Pats, but I think the Pats defense will get a few turnovers from Favre. I'm going with the Jets because they are at home. Winner = NY Jets

Miami vs Arizona:
This is another tough one to call. Miami isn't as bad as people think. I'm going out on a limb here and picking the Dolphins only because I think they will get pressure on Warner and we all know that Kurt plays poorly if he gets pressured. Winner = Miami

San Diego vs Denver:
The Chargers are banged up on both sides of the ball and I'm just not sure the San Diego defense is good enough without Merriman. I'll probably miss this one but I am going with Denver at home. Winner = Denver

Baltimore vs. Houston:
I look for Matt Schaub to have a long day. This one will be low scoring just like the Ravens like it. Winner = Ravens

Piitsburgh vs. Cleveland:
I look for Derek Anderson to turn in another pitiful performance. Willie Parker will have a huge day and the Steelers win this one without breaking a sweat. Winner = Pittsburgh

Philadelphia vs. Dallas:
The Cowboys are not the Rams. Winner = Dallas


No comments: