Friday, February 29, 2008

UK's Patterson Done For Season

University of Kentucky freshman forward Patrick Patterson will be out for the rest of the season with a stress fracture in his ankle. Read the ESPN story here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As disappointed as I am to read this story, I have to admit that I am probably just as curious to see how the Wildcats will perform the rest of this season without Patterson. I know that Patterson's injury will probably kill any chance Kentucky would have had at making the NCAA Tournament at season's end. But, sometimes adversity brings out the best in people. So, I'm not going to write off this year's version of the Wildcats just yet. Especially since Billy Gillespie is still calling the shots and Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley are still running up and down the court.

This will be a Kentucky basketball season that I will always remember for the rest of my life, regardless of how the Cats perform from here on out. But, can you imagine the pedestal that Joe Crawford and/or Ramel Bradley will be placed on in Kentucky basketball lore if they somehow manage to lead the Wildcats on a memorable post season run without Patterson? I know I am probably just dreaming, but after what I have seen this team accomplish this year I would not be surprised if it happened.

Go Big Blue!

No comments: