Thursday, August 16, 2007

Picture Of Michael Wilbon Becomes Clearer, And Its Not Pretty

There are people around this country who want to believe that if something gets printed in a newspaper it must be true. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.

Michael Wilbon of the Washington Post splattered his newspaper on Tuesday with a bucket full of shit. When I say, "bucket full of shit," I am referring to Ronny Thompson's side of the story about his resignation at Ball State University. You can read Michael Wilbon's fictional tale about the Ronny Thompson debacle here.

If you would like to read an article that points out the holes in Michael Wilbon's story, check out what Doug Zaleski has to say about it. I am not privy to any inside information on the Ronny Thompson story, but I do know that the records available publicly do contradict many of the things that Ronny told Michael Wilbon for his story. Go ahead and read Zaleski's story, he points out the real facts. And while you're at it, read this story about Ronny's Lincoln Navigator. Or, maybe you should read this story about how cooperative Ronny was with the University.
And let's not forget that there is still the rumor out there that Ronny planted those "notes" himself.

I'm not going to rehash all of the details in Wilbon's story that are incorrect. You can read Zaleski's story if you want to find out about the obvious lies in Thompson's statements. I'm just left wondering what kind of motive Wilbon had for publishing such a bucket of shit. I think it is quite obvious that Wilbon made no attempt to check the validity of Thompson's statements. This means that Wilbon is either a lousy journalist for not checking his facts, or he knew he was publishing a lie before he sent it to his editor. I personally think it was both.

What little respect I had for Michael Wilbon is now completely gone. After reading Wilbon's story on Ronny Thompson I decided to take a look at some of the other stuff that Wilbon has written in the past. All I can say is, "Wow!" If this guy isn't a racist, I don't know who is. Its people like him and Don Imus who keep racism alive in America.

I just read the other day that Don Imus is going to be back on the radio again. Geez, how do guys like this keep finding work? Don needs to disappear to some remote cabin in Idaho with all the other whacked out white supremacist crazies.

1 comment:

m said...

good stuff man- Wilbon is a racist. He has ZERO integrity as a journalist after being a mouthpiece for the Thompson Family. This is an absolute embarassment for the Washington Post.