Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Reggie Miller still undecided

WTHR in Indianapolis caught up with Reggie Miller last night at Peyton Manning's charity bowling tournament. Dave Calabro of WTHR asked Reggie about his possible return to the NBA with the Boston Celtics.

I found it interesting that Reggie tried to avoid answering any questions about a possible comeback. Eventually, though, Reggie did admit that he has been working out and when he was pressed further about the possibility of playing for the Celtics he finally said, "I think I'll let my body and the people I've called and talked to, help me make that decision. It will all come together."

Up until this last night I didn't think there was much of a chance that Reggie would lace them up again. Especially after he decided against coming back last year with the Mavericks. I can only guess that Reggie is considering making a comeback this year because of his desire to win a championship. The Celtics do look pretty good on paper now that they have added KG and Ray Allen. But, they don't have much depth on the roster after trading 7 players for Garnett. Miller's 42 year old body could probably give the Celtics 10-15 minutes a night in which they could rest Ray Allen. Plus, Reggie would be good in the locker room. I think it might actually happen.

Miller's former teammate Rik Smits thinks it might happen as well. When asked his opinion about Reggie making a comeback with the Celtics, this is what Rik had to say, "I think if his body holds up after a month or so of practice to get ready for training camp, I think he can do it. Part of it's mind-set, part of it's physical. He'd be a guy who could do it and probably still be able to contribute." Smits went on to say that he thought there was a 65% chance that Reggie would play for the Celtics this year.

Read the WTHR story here.

No comments: