Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Terry Hoeppner passed away this morning

Coach Hep died this morning at 6:50 A.M. according to a statement issued by Indiana's Sports Information Director. The cause of death was listed as complications from the brain tumor that Terry has been battling for some time. It appears that Coach's death was somewhat unexpected because it had been reported earlier that the Coach's family had been expecting his return home from the hospital this Friday.

I am sure that Coach Hep will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Jane and the rest of his friends and family.

I'm not sure if they have football in heaven, but if they do I'll bet there will be some teams looking to give Coach Hep a job. From the things I have read about the man I know I wish I had been given the opportunity to play for him.

Rest in Peace, Coach.

No comments: