Thursday, June 28, 2007

Floyd Landis update



It was reported today that Floyd Landis is still optimistic that he will win his fight with the USADA. Floyd says he is eager to return to racing and he plans to return to the Tour De Farce next year if he is exonerated. Floyd says his hip feels great and that the only thing keeping him from training is all the time he has lost to the legal fight with the USADA.

I'm still not convinced that Floyd really is innocent. But, I am 100 percent convinced that the French lab that conducted the tests on Floyd's urine is completely incompetent. If they're not incompetent, then they must have purposely fabricated Floyd's positive results. Either way, I don't see how anyone could trust any results that come out of that lab ever again. From what I have read that lab has broken virtually every rule and regulation regarding drug testing on an international level.

I hope Floyd turns out to be found completely innocent. Then, I hope he does go back to France next year and defeats every one of those pansy ass foreign riders. After he wins I want to see him riding through Paris waving a giant flag that says, "FRANCE SUCKS!"

2 comments:

Ken (EnvironmentalChemistry.com) said...

I've been reporting heavily on the chain of custody and procedural screw ups at the testing lab LNDD, which handled Floyd's samples. I personally think it is more a case of incompetence, poor laboratory practices and an attitude of indifference that resulted in them declaring false positives.

I am not convinced that it intentional malfeasance against Floyd. However, since the chain of custody for Floyd's samples were so badly broken, there is no telling if a rogue individual in the lab tampered with the samples in any way. There are at least seven hours during which samples were sitting out and were unaccounted for in the required documentation. In one instance alone there was five hours that a sample was unaccounted for. How would you like a lab tech to just leave one of your samples out for five hours unattended?

ordinary bo said...

The chain of custody thing really bothers me. I find it hard to believe that Floyd's positive results haven't been thrown out already. What is the point of having certified labs if the labs don't follow any of the rules required for certification?

If this was a criminal case being tried in the American legal system all of the evidence that had been processed at LNDD would have already been thrown out of court. Without the evidence, there is no case. I realize that this case isn't being tried in an American criminal court room, but I don't see how the test results can be considered credible based on the evidence that I have seen.