Sunday, December 23, 2007

Week 16 Observations

1) Derek Anderson's 4 interceptions may have totally screwed the Browns' chances of making the playoffs. The Browns will miss the playoffs if the Titans beat the Colts next week, and Tony Dungy has already stated that he is planning on resting a lot of his players next Sunday. The Browns looked like a lock for the playoffs a couple of weeks ago, but I think the Titans will beat the Colts and take the final AFC wild card spot.

2) I have decided that I do not understand the new definition of "control" when a receiver catches a ball. I have seen too many instances this year when I thought a player didn't exhibit control only to have the referees review the play in question and declare the receiver had "control." I wasn't a big fan of the old rule, but at least I understood it.

3) I think Donovan McNabb won't be in Philadelphia next season. The only question for me is where will he end up. I think there are a lot of teams that will make a play for him, but my money is on Chicago. I think whoever gets McNabb will instantly become a better team. I still think Donovan is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the League.

4) I just can't help thinking the Browns are gonna trade Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson this off season. There are just too many teams that need quarterbacks and the Browns need a lot of help on defense. I'm just not sure which guy they should trade. Derek Anderson has looked good for most of the season, but Brady Quinn might turn out to be a better quarterback in the long run. I'd like to see the Browns keep them both for one more year but I think both Anderson and Quinn might be at the peak of their trade value this off season.

5) I'm still not sold on the San Diego Chargers. I really want to believe they have a legitimate shot at getting to the Super Bowl, but I don't think they have what it takes to beat New England or Indianapolis. I know they beat the Colts earlier in the year, but I think they just got lucky and caught the Colts at the right time.

6) I only asked Santa for one thing this year. I begged the jolly old man to please find a decent replacement for Tony Kornheiser on Monday Night Football for next season. Listening to Kornheiser in the MNF booth might be the most painful thing I've ever had to endure in my entire life.

No comments: