Sunday, December 2, 2007

Week 13 Observations

1) Kellen Winslow was forced out of bounds and the Browns were robbed of a victory by poor officiating. Of course, Cleveland would have never been in that position if Derek Anderson hadn't committed 3 turnovers in the game. I love Derek Anderson most of the time, but its games like today's that make me wonder what Brady Quinn could do with that offense.

2) Green Bay may have been robbed of a victory in Dallas by poor officiating as well. Of course, the Packers probably would have lost the game anyway because of their inability to cover the Cowboy receivers.

3) David Garrard threw his 1st interception of the season against the Colts today and it probably cost the Jaguars the game. David Garrard is the real deal, though. I think he is going to be good for a long time.

4) Vince Young had a good game and the Titans beat the Texans to snap their 3 game losing streak. I like Vince Young and I think he is going to be a good quarterback someday. I just don't think he is there yet.

5) I think it is time to stick a fork in the Detroit Lions. They are done. I have to admit they had me fooled for a little while this season, though.

6) The Redskin defense lining up with only 10 players on their first play against the Bills as a sort of "missing man" formation was one of the classiest things I have ever seen. I thought it was a fitting tribute to one hell of a football player. Rest in Peace, Sean.

7) Minnesota has the 27th ranked defense in the NFL and a starting quarterback who just flat out sucks. But, the Vikings are sitting at 6-6 and actually have a decent shot at making the playoffs. Adrian Peterson may not win the MVP this season, but I think you could easily make the argument that he is the most valuable player in the League this year.

8) Baltimore outplayed New England on Monday night and deserved to win the game. Baltimore fans will hate me for saying this, but those penalties against the Ravens on New England's last drive were legitimate. My problem with the officiating was that the Patriots were committing the same kinds of fouls the whole game and weren't getting called for it. I don't blame the Ravens' players for being upset after the game. I don't think it would be too much to ask for the referees to be fair and consistent to both teams.

No comments: