Saturday, October 31, 2009

NFL Week 8 Predictions

There were six games last week where the winning team won by at least 28 points. I can't remember the last time that happened. And, I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen again this week. In fact, it looks like there should be some pretty competitive games this week.

I went 8-5 last week and improved to 66-37 on the season.

This week's picks:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Houston at Buffalo: Matt Shaub and the Texans look like they are starting to find their rhythm. Winner = Houston

Cleveland at Chicago: Derek Anderson is the kind of QB that will "show up" once every five or six games. The Bears look like the kind of team that Anderson might perform well against. So, don't be surprised if the Browns pull this one out. But, I would have to be an idiot to pick the Browns the way they have been playing. Winner = Chicago

Seattle at Dallas: I really don't know what to think about either of these teams. Winner = Dallas

St. Louis at Detroit: I wouldn't watch this game if it was the only thing on TV. Winner = Detroit

Denver at Baltimore: My brain is telling me to take the Ravens at home. But, my gut is telling me the Broncos have enough weapons on offense to put some points on the board. Winner = Denver

San Francisco at Indianapolis: If the 49ers want to have any chance, they need to just give the ball to Frank Gore over and over again. But, this Indy team doesn't look like the same old Tony Dungy team. Winner = Indianapolis

Miami at NY Jets: I think this game could go either way. Winner = NY Jets

NY Giants at Philadelphia: This should be a good game even if Brian Westbrook doesn't play. Winner = NY Giants

Jacksonville at Tennessee: The Titans are probably the best 0-6 team I have ever seen. I'm just not sure that Vince Young is good enough to break them out of their funk. Winner = Jacksonville

Oakland at San Diego: This is going to be another ugly week for the Raiders. Winner = San Diego

Carolina at Arizona: This isn't going to be pretty for Jake Delhomme. Winner = Arizona

Minnesota at Green Bay: This is the game of the week for obvious reasons. I just can't pick against Favre in a game of this magnitude. Winner = Minnesota

Atlanta at New Orleans: It is not easy to go into New Orleans and come out with a win. Winner = New Orleans

No comments: