Thursday, October 8, 2009

NFL Week 5 Predictions

I went 10-4 last week and improved to 41-21 on the season. There are some interesting match-ups this week.

On to Week 5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleveland at Buffalo: Derek Anderson is like a box of chocolates. You just never know what you are "gonna" get. The Bills come in ranked 28th in total defense, and the Browns come in ranked 32nd. This one has ugly written all over it. Winner = Buffalo

Dallas at Kansas City: I'm not sure if I overestimated Dallas last week or if I underestimated Denver last week. It doesn't make a difference in this game. Winner = Dallas

Minnesota at St. Louis: The Vikings are pretty good. The Rams are not. Winner = Minnesota

Oakland at NY Giants: Is Eli going to play? Does it really matter? Winner = NY Giants

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia: Rumor has it that McNabb is going to play this week, but he still isn't 100%. It doesn't really matter. Winner = Philadelphia

Pittsburgh at Detroit: Detroit looks better this season. But, they don't look as good as Pittsburgh. Winner = Pittsburgh

Washington at Carolina: Yawn. Neither one of these teams excites me at all. Winner = Carolina

Cincinnati at Baltimore: I just can't see the Bengals even keeping this game close. Winner = Baltimore

Atlanta at San Francisco: I find this game to be pretty interesting. I'm not on the 49er bandwagon yet, but if San Fran wins this one I will start watching them a little closer. Winner = San Francisco

Jacksonville at Seattle: This game looks too close to call. If in doubt, go with the home team. Especially if the visiting team has to travel all the way across the Country. Winner = Seattle

Houston at Arizona: This is another intriguing game for me. On paper, the Cards should win this one easily. But, if Mario Williams is healthy enough to play this week he will be all over Kurt Warner. Winner = Arizona

New England at Denver: I would like to think that Denver is a good team, but I haven't seen enough from them yet. Winner = New England

Indianapolis at Tennessee: Indy is 4-0. Tennessee is 0-4. This game looks like a mismatch, but Jeff Fisher's Titans always play Indy tough. If Tony Dungy were still the Colt's coach I would pick the Titans. But, Jim Caldwell is in charge now and I like what I am seeing so far. Winner = Indianapolis

NY Jets at Miami: I am really looking forward to watching this game. I thought Miami would be done once Pennington went down, but they looked very impressive last week. I still think the Jets may have just a little more. Winner = NY Jets

No comments: