Thursday, October 15, 2009

NFL Week 6 Predictions

I went 9-5 last week, which brings my season total to 50-26.

Man, Week 6 is going to be a tough week to make picks. This week has it all. Good teams playing good teams. Bad teams playing bad teams. Questionable teams playing questionable teams. I suppose this is the week that we are going to find out which teams might just be pretenders.

On to the picks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Houston at Cincinnati: After last week I think I am finally going to jump on the Bengal bandwagon. I still don't think Marvin Lewis is a great coach, but he definitely has the Bengals playing well. Winner = Cincinnati

Detroit at Green Bay: Aaron Rodgers holds the ball too long and gets hit a lot. But, I still think he will have a big day against the Lions. Winner = Green Bay

Baltimore at Minnesota: This has the potential to be a great game. But, I think the Vikings have enough weapons offensively to keep the Raven defense off balance. Winner = Minnesota

NY Giants at New Orleans: This is the game of the week. I am going with my gut on this one. But, I won't be surprised if the Saints win it. Winner = NY Giants

Cleveland at Pittsburgh: I think the fact that Derek Anderson's 2 for 17 for 23 yards and an interception performance last week earned him the starting QB job says everything we need to know about Eric Mangini's Cleveland Browns. Winner = Pittsburgh

Carolina at Tampa Bay: I absolutely hate the NFC South. I can honestly say that I never have any clue which team from the NFC South is going to show up on any given Sunday. Winner = Carolina

Kansas City at Washington: Yawner of the week. I'm not sure why anyone even cares who wins this game. Winner = Washington

St. Louis at Jacksonville: The Rams have a small chance of winning this game. The Jags are starting to unravel from the inside out. But, I'm going with the favorite. Winner = Jacksonville

Arizona at Seattle: Which Seattle team is going to show up? For that matter, which Arizona team is going to show up? Winner = Seattle

Philadelphia at Oakland: This is the easiest pick of the week. Winner = Philadelphia

Tennessee at New England: I have a strong feeling that Tennessee isn't as bad as everyone seems to think they are. And, I have a strong feeling that New England isn't as good as everyone thinks they are. This game could be closer than anyone thinks. Winner = New England

Buffalo at NY Jets: I still can't believe the Bills lost to the Browns last week. I am so glad I'm not a Bills fan. Winner = NY Jets

Chicago at Atlanta: This could be a good game. I'm just not on the Bears bandwagon yet. Winner = Atlanta

Denver at San Diego: I really want to believe the Broncos are for real. Denver surprised me the last two weeks with wins over Dallas and New England. I'm just not sure if that means that Denver is good, or that Dallas and New England aren't as good as I thought. I'm not buying Denver yet, but I think they will go into San Diego and come out with a victory. Winner = Denver

No comments: