Friday, November 23, 2007

Leonard Washington

Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald-Leader is reporting today that University of Kentucky men's basketball recruit Leonard Washington has decided to put off his college choice until spring. Washington is a 6'6" power forward from Compton, California.

There was a chance that Washington could have possibly been eligible to play for the Wildcats in January if he could have improved his grades at Thurgood Marshall Prep School. I think Washington might have provided a much needed help in the low post for the Wildcats, but I'm just not sure he was worth it.

According to many scouts, Washington has a short temper and a long history of "episodes." In my opinion, which is based solely on the things I have read, this guy sounds like the kind of guy who could destroy a team's chemistry. I'm not sure Kentucky needs a player with his reputation.

No comments: