Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chris Singleton To Announce Today

It hasn't happened yet. But it has been announced that UK basketball recruit Chris Singleton will announce his choice of schools today. It is being reported that Chris has narrowed his choices down to Florida State or Kentucky.

Singleton's close friend and high school teammate, Pierre Jordan, signed with Florida State on Sunday. I don't know if that is an indicator of where Singleton is planning on signing, but it doesn't make me too optimistic about Singleton signing with UK.

I have read that Singleton really enjoyed his visit to UK though, so who knows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read several different sources today that list different times for Chris Singleton's press conference. I have found sources that say it is scheduled for 2:30 PM, 2:45 PM, and 3:00 PM. So I have no idea when his announcement will be made.

I did find an interesting post that said Billy Gillespie has a press conference scheduled for 3:oo PM today. I have been unable to verify if this is true. If Singleton were planning on attending UK I doubt very much that Gillespie would schedule a press conference at the same time as Singleton's. But, if Singleton's press conference were to start at 2:30 PM or 2:45 PM, then a 3:00 PM scheduled press conference by Gillespie could be a good thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of what Chris Singleton announces today, I can't remember being this interested in Kentucky basketball recruiting in a long time.

No comments: