Thursday, December 11, 2008

NFL Week 15 Predictions

I did a little better last week with a record of 11-5. That makes me 126- 81 on the season.

I don't feel too bad about the 11-5 mark last week. I figure just about everybody missed the Philly/NY Giants game and the NY Jets/San Fran game. I also missed the Houston/Green Bay game, which I probably would have gotten correct if I'd known Matt Schaub was going to play for the Texans. The other two games I missed were the two NFC SOUTH match-ups. I can't explain it, but I just completely suck at predicting what the NFC SOUTH teams are going to do from week to week.

The only part about last week's predictions that I am actually embarrassed about was the fact that I didn't research the Miami/Buffalo game enough to know the game was being played indoors up in Toronto. Looking back on it now, I do remember hearing the ESPN guys talking about it. I still picked the game correctly, but for the wrong reasons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) New Orleans vs. Chicago: This game has already started and I know Chicago is up 21-7 at the half. But, I have to be honest and admit that I picked New Orleans to win this game. So, I'm sticking with my original pick and hoping for a dramatic comeback. Winner = New Orleans

2) Tampa Bay vs. Atlanta: Damn, another one of those dreaded NFC SOUTH match-ups. I'm sure I will probably miss this one because I always screw the NFC SOUTH games up. Winner = Atlanta

3) Washington vs. Cincinnati: You'd have to be an idiot to pick the Bungles in this one, so I'm not going to do it. But, don't be surprised if Cincy makes a game of this. The Bungles may actually have a few match-up advantages. Winner = Washington

4) Detroit vs. Indianapolis: The Colts looked a lot better last week and this week should be no different. Winner = Indianapolis

5) San Diego vs. Kansas City: This was a close one the first time these two teams met this season. I think the Chargers will win, but its too little too late for San Diego. Winner = San Diego

6) Seattle vs. St. Louis: I hate to even pick this game. Winner = Seattle

7) San Francisco vs. Miami: The 49ers definitely look better under Singletary, but the Fins should take this one at home. Winner = Miami

8) Buffalo vs. NY Jets: I thought the Bills were pretty good, and then they were not. I thought the Jets were pretty good, and then they were not. I'm taking the home team. Winner = NY Jets

9) Tennessee vs. Houston: I've got to tell you that I think this game could be difficult for the Titans. The Texans aren't as bad as everybody seems to think, and the Titans may get caught looking ahead to their next game against the Steelers. I'm picking the Titans, but I wouldn't be surprised if Houston pulled the upset. Winner = Tennessee

10) Green Bay vs. Jacksonville: This is a difficult game to pick. Both teams have massively underachieved this season. My gut tells me to pick the Packers, though. Winner = Green Bay

11) Minnesota vs. Arizona: Frerotte is out and I just have no confidence in Tarvaris Jackson. Winner = Arizona

12) Denver vs. Carolina: I must admit that I have no idea what Carolina is going to do from week to week. They seem to play better at home, though. Winner = Carolina

13) Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore: This is the game of the week. I expect to see a defensive struggle with a few turnovers and some big time collisions. This one is a toss up, but I'm going with the team that has been there before. Winner = Pittsburgh

14) New England vs. Oakland: Oakland is too dysfunctional to beat a well coached team like the Patriots. Winner = New England

15) NY Giants vs. Dallas: This one should be interesting. The Giants are coming off an embarrassing loss to Philly. The Cowboys have their backs against the wall and T.O. is starting to unravel (again). In the end, I think it will come down to the fact that the Giants are a good road team and Tony Romo seems to fall apart in big games. Winner = NY Giants

16) Cleveland vs. Philadelphia: The bad news is that Cleveland is down to their third string quarterback. The good news is that Dorsey didn't look any worse than Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn. But, that isn't saying much. Winner = Philadelphia

No comments: