Sunday, December 9, 2007

Week 14 Observations

1) I think the only teams that have any chance of winning the Super Bowl this year are the Patriots, Cowboys, Colts, Packers, and the Jaguars.

2) The Steelers have only beaten 3 teams with winning records this year (Browns, Bills, Seahawks). Could it be they are the product of an easy schedule?

3) I'm curious to see what Jacksonville will do in Pittsburgh next week. I think Jacksonville is the better team, but I wonder how the Jags will play if the weather is bad. Both teams have good defenses and strong running games. I think it could be an interesting game.

4) It was a shame the Ravens had to play without both their starting cornerbacks against the Colts on Sunday night. The Raven defense just isn't the same without those 2 guys. Of course it doesn't matter who the Ravens line up on defense if Boller plays like he did against the Colts.

5) The Colts defense just isn't the same without Dwight Freeney. They're still pretty good, but I don't think they are good enough to win the Super Bowl without him.

6) Tavaris Jackson has turned in 4 pretty good performances in the Vikings' last 4 games. I've been critical of Jackson's play this season, but I have to say that I have seen some improvement in his game. If he keeps getting better, the Vikings could be a tough out in the playoffs.

7) The Saints play the Falcons on Monday night. I have a feeling I may get to bed early for a change.

8) The Titans need to do something about Vince Young. They either need to let him be more creative with the offense, or they need to bench him for Kerry Collins. Vince Young is just not an effective pocket quarterback.

No comments: