Friday, May 2, 2008

David Stern Test Post

For those of you who aren't already aware, I use statcounter to keep track of the visitors who come to this blog. Statcounter is a neat little program that keeps track of all sorts of statistics relating to who visits this site, where they came from, how often they visit, etc.

I think the most interesting statistic that gets collected by statcounter is the number of people who come to my blog looking for the contact information for NBA Commissioner David Stern. Roughly 20% of my total visitor count comes to Ordinary Bo's Ordinary World via different search engines looking for ways to contact David Stern. Another 5% or so come here after searching for different variations of "David Stern Sucks," or "David Stern is an idiot," or "David Stern is arrogant."

Those of you who have followed this blog for very long know of my distaste for David Stern. The man has completely driven me away from the NBA over the last couple of years with his uncontrolled arrogance and patronizing press conferences.

So, today I have decided to run a little experiment.

In this paragraph I am going to use words like "email contact information" and mention the names of Bud Selig, Roger Goodell, Myles Brand, and Gary Bettman. I'm going to also use the words arrogant, idiot, ass, pompous, moron, fired, asshole, and patronizing.

I'm just a little curious to find out how many people will find their way to Ordinary Bo's looking for the contact info for these "other" Commissioners. To be fair, I'm going to collect this information over a prolonged period of time. I haven't decided on a time frame as of yet, but I feel that I should probably wait at least a year to compile the statistics so that every League has the chance to complete a regular season during my experiment. I'll let you know what I find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got here by doing a google blog search for "David Stern" and asshole.